15:11 27th Jan, 2012
Gap Between iPad And Android Narrows
However, Apple remains #1 by far.
The gap between the Apple iPad and tablets running Google's Android OS in the global market seems to be narrowing somewhat in the fourth quarter of 2011, as reported by research firm Strategy Analytics. Android's market share grew from 29% to 39% as compared to Q4 of 2010, whereas Apple's share slipped from 68% to 58%. However, the minor shift in balance hasn't stripped the Cupertino-based company of its commanding lead.
Neil Mawston, Executive Director at Strategy Analytics said, "Dozens of Android models distributed across multiple countries by numerous brands such as Amazon, Samsung, Asus and others have been driving volumes. Android is so far proving relatively popular with tablet manufacturers despite nagging concerns about fragmentation of Android's operating system, user-interface and app store ecosystem".
While 66.9 million tablets were sold in 2011 alone, considering that Android OSes are carried across manufactures, it will take a lot more effort to surpass the iPad's figures.
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users