18:42 25th Feb, 2014
Panasonic's Weatherproof "Phablets" Can Bear It All
The gadgets give other handsets a complex with their long list of certifications.
Panasonic has been rather quiet about launching new phones and tablets for quite some time. However, one thing that Panasonic does know well is how to build tough devices. This has been evident from its Toughbook series of laptops that can possibly bear any type of weather you can possibly imagine.
Now the Japanese company is bringing that expertise in smartphones. The first wave of such products include Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1. These smartphones or phablets (as Panasonic likes to call them) are built tough to basically bear any weather you can get them into.
Built to military grade specifications, the differentiator between the two is mainly that the FZ-E1 runs Windows Embedded 8 Handheld platform and the FZ-X1 runs on the Android Jelly Bean V 4.2. Both devices come with IP65/IP68 water and dust proof certifications and can withstand drops of up to 3 metres. Also included is a dedicated security core which is FIPS 140-2 Level 2 compliant.
Other differences come in the form of processors, where the FZ-E1 sports a 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 while the X1 boasts a smaller 1.7 GHz Qualcomm S4 Pro. Both phablets come with LTE and 3G support and sport a 720x1280 screen, 8 megapixel camera with a powerful LED flash and 1.3 MP front-facing unit.
Also included is a mammoth 6,200 mAh battery which is hot-swappable and supports up to 14 hours of talk time and 1000 hours standby time. The phones should be available mid-June for the FZ-E1 and August for the FZ-X1 in Japan, and there is still no word on the pricing just yet.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband