18:42 25th Feb, 2014
Panasonic's Weatherproof "Phablets" Can Bear It All | TechTree.com
Panasonic's Weatherproof "Phablets" Can Bear It All
The gadgets give other handsets a complex with their long list of certifications.
Panasonic has been rather quiet about launching new phones and tablets for quite some time. However, one thing that Panasonic does know well is how to build tough devices. This has been evident from its Toughbook series of laptops that can possibly bear any type of weather you can possibly imagine.
Now the Japanese company is bringing that expertise in smartphones. The first wave of such products include Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1. These smartphones or phablets (as Panasonic likes to call them) are built tough to basically bear any weather you can get them into.
Built to military grade specifications, the differentiator between the two is mainly that the FZ-E1 runs Windows Embedded 8 Handheld platform and the FZ-X1 runs on the Android Jelly Bean V 4.2. Both devices come with IP65/IP68 water and dust proof certifications and can withstand drops of up to 3 metres. Also included is a dedicated security core which is FIPS 140-2 Level 2 compliant.
Other differences come in the form of processors, where the FZ-E1 sports a 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 while the X1 boasts a smaller 1.7 GHz Qualcomm S4 Pro. Both phablets come with LTE and 3G support and sport a 720x1280 screen, 8 megapixel camera with a powerful LED flash and 1.3 MP front-facing unit.
Also included is a mammoth 6,200 mAh battery which is hot-swappable and supports up to 14 hours of talk time and 1000 hours standby time. The phones should be available mid-June for the FZ-E1 and August for the FZ-X1 in Japan, and there is still no word on the pricing just yet.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals