Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
19:03 24th Feb, 2014
MWC 2014: Sony Reveals Xperia Z2 — A 10.1" Waterproof Tablet With Full HD Screen
Sony's latest Android tablet will hit the markets next month.
Sony seems to have quite a busy day at the Mobile World Congress (MWC). Right after unveiling its flagship handset Xperia Z2, the Japanese brand showcases its iPad competitor, the Z2 Tablet. The tablet will be available in two models: Wi-Fi and Cellular. It features a 10.1-inch full-HD TRILUMINOS display powered by X-Reality engine. Sounds good, but keep in mind that it's still not an IPS or AMOLED panel. The tablet sports an 8.1 megapixel rear camera and 2.2-megapixel front-facing snapper. The Xperia Z2 Tablet runs Android 4.4 KitKat out-of-the-box. The Z2 Tablet comes with digital noise cancelling technology and expected to be the World's slimmest 10" tablet at 6.4 mm. The Xperia Z2 Tablet is powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 3 GB of RAM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, DLNA, Bluetooth, and Glonass. It comes with 16 GB in-built storage which is expandable up to 64 GB via microSD card.
The Xperia Z2 Tablet will be available in Black and White colours. The tablet is expected to hit the global markets in March, but pricing has not been revealed yet.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance