Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:22 28th Mar, 2014
MWC 2014: Sony Flaunts Waterproof Xperia Z2 With 4K Video Capabilities
Sony’s latest flagship comes with a 5.2 full-HD screen and 20 megapixel camera.
The Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 is in full swing, and Sony has just introduced its latest flagship device, the Xperia Z2. The premium handset is the successor of Z1, which took the Android world by storm with its 20 megapixel camera. The Xperia Z2 comes with the same megapixel count, plus offers 4K video recording capabilities. That’s 3840x2160 pixels at 30! Sounds promising. The 8.2 mm slim smartphone sports a 1/2.3-type Exmor sensor. Now let’s hope that the camera’s end results are actually good. Because the Z1 came with a similar promise, but its real-world camera performance was bad.
Sony has retained its “OmniBalance” design language, which basically means that you get glass panels encased in a single aluminium frame. This makes it look very similar to the Z1. The smartphone adheres to IP55 & IP58 (Ingress Protection) standards. In simple words, it’s dust and water resistant. Thanks to a dedicated camera button, you can now record videos even under water.
The phone features a 5.2-inch full-HD IPS display. Sony has thrown in a lot of jargon in terms of BRAVIA and TRILUMINOS. Xperia Z2 is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.3 GHz quad-core Krait CPUs and 4G LTE. The chipset integrates Adreno 330 GPU to handle gaming. The phone has 3 GB RAM, which should be more than enough to handle Android Kitkat. The phone comes with a 3200 mAh battery with Sony’s STAMINA Mode software feature that promises long battery life.
The Xperia Z2 will launch globally from March 2014. At this point, there’s no word on its pricing.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones