18:34 21st Feb, 2014
Browse The Web For Free With Opera’s Web Pass
Opera now allows you to pay for mobile internet by watching ads.
Everyone hates ads! Pre Internet era, ads used to nag us between TV and Radio programmes. However, Opera has a plan that can make you hate ads less. How? Well, the Norweigian company introduced this ingenious idea where a mobile user gets to surf the Internet for free (via Opera Mini of course) in exchange for watching ads. The ads basically pay for your web-browsing fees to your operator.
This is very similar to the free web browsing plans that cell phone operators in India use giving free access to Twitter and Facebook pages via customised versions of browsers or the portal. An ad is played either at intervals or will be played at the beginning of the pass access period giving users plenty of browsing time in between. Once the free-browsing period ends, the user is lead to a soft landing page, which will either ask the user to pay for browsing or simply engage with another free-browsing session powered by ads.
Opera’s Sponsored Web Pass is currently not available in India, but it would be great to see a platform that benefits the advertiser as well as the user.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance