17:21 17th Feb, 2014
Chinese Brand Gionee Brings Powerful M2 And Gpad G4 To India
The GPad G4 sports a 5.7" screen while the M2 settles for a 5-inch display.
For those who may have not heard of Gionee, it's a Chinese smartphone maker that started off building quality devices for the masses. The brand has already making its presence felt in the market dominated by domestic brands such as Micromax, Karbonn, and Lava. With the launch of the Gionee M2 and the GPad G4, the company is planning to heat-up the competition in mid-range segment.
The GPad G4 is a 7.95 mm slim device powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor allowing it not only deliver when it comes to opening processor intensive apps, but also consuming very little power while accomplishing the same. It sports a large 5.7 inch HD (1280 x 720 pixel) screen which is based on the OGS technology and an attractive aluminium unibody design, which also packs in the Digital Theatre System (DTS) audio capabilities of the device. Inside, along with the quad-core processor comes 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of built-in memory which is somehow lacking a micro SD Card slot.
The Gionee M2 packs a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB of internal memory which can be expanded to 32 GB via a micro SD card slot. Designed to be a media device, the M2 features an 8 MP auto-focus primary camera and 2 MP front-facing camera. Also included is a large 4200 mAh battery which can deliver up to 24 hrs of talk time on 3G.
The GPad G4 comes in Graphite Black and Silver with a 3200 mAh battery and is priced Rs 19,000. The road-warrior M2 comes in Black and White and is competitively priced at Rs 11,000. Both devices feature Dual SIM and dual standby.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones