Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
12:12 17th Feb, 2014
Airtel Offers 4G Service In Bangalore, "Exclusive" For iPhone Users
Airtel claims that the LTE service will costs same as that of 3G.
Bharti Airtel has launched exclusive 4G mobile services for Apple iPhone 5s and 5c users in Bangalore city. This means it will enable high-definition video streaming with zero buffering. The network operator claims that downloading 10 movies shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. Users will be allowed to connect multiple devices using the hotspot feature. What's more, the LTE service wouldn't cost more than 3G. Customers will have to change their existing SIM card to a 4G SIM to enable 4G on their handsets without any need to change from their existing data plan.
"3G customers in Bengaluru on iPhone 5s and 5c can start enjoying 4G speeds at same price points as their existing 3G plan/pack," Airtel said.
Customers on 2G/GPRS data plans/packs can go for any of the 3G plans available and enjoy 4G speeds, it added.Besides, heavy data users can avail the new 4G plan giving customers 10 GB 4G data for Rs 1,000. While data browsing will be on 4G network, voice calls will be routed on 2G/3G seamlessly with the CSFB (circuit switched fall back) technology. Finally, 4G has started rolling out in Metros. Now let's hope that the iPhone exclusivity ends soon, so that Android and WP users can also enjoy high-speed Internet on their cellphones.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-