Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
15:07 13th Feb, 2014
Apple iPhone 6 To Feature Sony's Camera Sensors
The device is expected to release early next year.
Apple is in discussion with Sony Corporation for supply of sensors for upcoming iPhone, probably called the iPhone 6. According to Nikkei, Japan’s largest business daily, the new iPhone is slated to roll out as early as next year. At present, Sony Corporation supplies CMOS (complementary metal-oxide semiconductor) sensors for the iPhone 5S rear mounted cameras. The report says that the iPhone maker would not only use Sony's sensors for the main camera. but also the front-facing snapper. It's said that Sony probably supplies Apple with more than 100 million sensors per year, with majority of them for iPhones. According to rumours iPhone 6 would have advanced version of the camera, an upgrade from 8 megapixel module found on the 5S.
Apart from Sony, the Cupertino tech giant sources components from companies like Sharp and Samsung. From whatever info we have right now, it's safe to assume that the next iPhone is coming soon with an improved camera. So if you're an Apple fan, start saving money.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance