Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
15:07 13th Feb, 2014
Apple iPhone 6 To Feature Sony's Camera Sensors | TechTree.com
Apple iPhone 6 To Feature Sony's Camera Sensors
The device is expected to release early next year.
Apple is in discussion with Sony Corporation for supply of sensors for upcoming iPhone, probably called the iPhone 6. According to Nikkei, Japan’s largest business daily, the new iPhone is slated to roll out as early as next year. At present, Sony Corporation supplies CMOS (complementary metal-oxide semiconductor) sensors for the iPhone 5S rear mounted cameras. The report says that the iPhone maker would not only use Sony's sensors for the main camera. but also the front-facing snapper. It's said that Sony probably supplies Apple with more than 100 million sensors per year, with majority of them for iPhones. According to rumours iPhone 6 would have advanced version of the camera, an upgrade from 8 megapixel module found on the 5S.
Apart from Sony, the Cupertino tech giant sources components from companies like Sharp and Samsung. From whatever info we have right now, it's safe to assume that the next iPhone is coming soon with an improved camera. So if you're an Apple fan, start saving money.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals