Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
15:07 13th Feb, 2014
Apple iPhone 6 To Feature Sony's Camera Sensors
The device is expected to release early next year.
Apple is in discussion with Sony Corporation for supply of sensors for upcoming iPhone, probably called the iPhone 6. According to Nikkei, Japan’s largest business daily, the new iPhone is slated to roll out as early as next year. At present, Sony Corporation supplies CMOS (complementary metal-oxide semiconductor) sensors for the iPhone 5S rear mounted cameras. The report says that the iPhone maker would not only use Sony's sensors for the main camera. but also the front-facing snapper. It's said that Sony probably supplies Apple with more than 100 million sensors per year, with majority of them for iPhones. According to rumours iPhone 6 would have advanced version of the camera, an upgrade from 8 megapixel module found on the 5S.
Apart from Sony, the Cupertino tech giant sources components from companies like Sharp and Samsung. From whatever info we have right now, it's safe to assume that the next iPhone is coming soon with an improved camera. So if you're an Apple fan, start saving money.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow