Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
14:47 06th Feb, 2014
Microsoft To Launch Windows 8.1 Tablets For Schools
Acer, MBD Group, and Tata Teleservices come together with the software-giant.
Microsoft has today announced the availability of special bundled tablets for private schools in partnership with Acer, MBD Group & Tata Teleservices. Priced at Rs. 25,000 per device, the bundle is available to private schools (K6-12) in India. The specially created bundle comprises a Windows 8.1 tablet – an Acer Iconia W4-820, which comes with HD IPS Display and runs on the latest Quad Core Intel Atom Processor. The tablet comes with Office Home and Student as well as Office 365. Microsoft has also included the Office 365 Education A2 and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification for students.
Tata Teleservices is providing Photon Plus, a wireless device that provides high speed internet services on the move. Customers opting for Photon Plus will get 1 GB of free data usage every month for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. The cost of the device along with 1GB free data usage would be Rs. 3,649.
As part of the offering, students can avail the Microsoft Office Specialist certification program and teachers in turn can gain access to eighty hours of self-learning content on leveraging technology while teaching. As part of the Microsoft Office 365 Education A2 plan, the tablet will also include important tools such as Office Web Apps – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & OneNote; Web Conferencing; SharePoint Intranet site; spam and malware protection; and 25 GB of personal cloud storage via OneDrive, per device.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens