14:47 05th Feb, 2014
Moto G Takes On Domestic Brands With A Rs 12,500 Price Tag
With quad-core specs the poor man’s Nexus is set to disrupt the budget smartphone market.
The long-awaited Moto G finally got a price tag confirmation this morning on the Indian online retailer Flipkart.com. Pricing is set to affordable Rs 12,500 for the 8 GB variant, while the 16 GB one costs Rs. 14,000.
First made available in Brazil and parts of Europe, followed by Latin America, Europe, Canada and now finally in India, the Moto G has made waves for being a reliable jelly bean powered Quad-core device with an HD screen. Flipkart claims that they have secured an "exclusive" deal with Motorola to sell this handset in India.
The phone flaunts a 4.5-inch HD display encased in Gorilla Glass 3. Inside is a midrange Snapdragon 400 chipset, which houses a 1.2 GHz CPU along with 1 GB of RAM. Since the internal storage maxes out at 8 and 16 GB and there is no microSD card slot for further expansion, one should not expect anything more than 6 GB of usable storage in the base model.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499