14:47 05th Feb, 2014
Moto G Takes On Domestic Brands With A Rs 12,500 Price Tag
With quad-core specs the poor man’s Nexus is set to disrupt the budget smartphone market.
The long-awaited Moto G finally got a price tag confirmation this morning on the Indian online retailer Flipkart.com. Pricing is set to affordable Rs 12,500 for the 8 GB variant, while the 16 GB one costs Rs. 14,000.
First made available in Brazil and parts of Europe, followed by Latin America, Europe, Canada and now finally in India, the Moto G has made waves for being a reliable jelly bean powered Quad-core device with an HD screen. Flipkart claims that they have secured an "exclusive" deal with Motorola to sell this handset in India.
The phone flaunts a 4.5-inch HD display encased in Gorilla Glass 3. Inside is a midrange Snapdragon 400 chipset, which houses a 1.2 GHz CPU along with 1 GB of RAM. Since the internal storage maxes out at 8 and 16 GB and there is no microSD card slot for further expansion, one should not expect anything more than 6 GB of usable storage in the base model.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance