12:59 27th Jan, 2012
Notion Ink's Adam II To Ship With Android 4.0
Successor made possible through collaboration with Texas Instruments.
Teething troubles with the Adam tablets coupled with a disappointing reception to its first product have made things problematic for
Hyderabad-based Bangalore-based Notion Ink. However, the Indian startup will return with a sequel to the Adam. This time it has reportedly teamed up with Texas Instruments (TI), providing access to the latter's OMAP 4-series System on Chip (SoC) solutions employing dual-core Cortex-A9 processors. The new SoC will deliver better power efficiency due to its smaller 45 nm fabrication process, in addition to HD capability out of the box. The partnership will also give Notion Ink access to TI's Wi-Link 7.0 radio module, which combines Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FM, and GPS in a single chip for a smaller footprint and better battery life.
The upcoming tablet, dubbed as the Adam II, is said to ship preinstalled with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Considering the time it took to deliver the original Adam, we hope this OS version doesn't get outdated by the time the tablet hits the market.
TI's offering also enables a modular software architecture that will allow application development with drag-and-drop convenience. If Notion Ink delivers as promised, this modular nature will be a boon to home-brewers, geeks, and professionals eager to customise the tablet.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones