13:41 04th Feb, 2014
Rumour: ‘Mega’ Sized iPhones Coming Your Way!
With most manufacturers rolling out 5-inch plus “phablets”, Tim Cook-led Apple now wants in as well.
Circa September 2011, Samsung Mobile introduced to the world a new form-factor, which certainly grabbed a lot of eye-balls both for the wrong and right reasons. A year later the ‘phoneblet’ as we knew it was a sales success; telling manufacturers that size does matter and people were receptive to the same design philosophy. Steve-Jobs took a jab at the competition and said that “no one” would buy their “Hummer-like” 4-inch plus smartphones. And according to the latest rumor, now CEO of Apple, Tim Cook, seems to be thinking otherwise.
Recently, BGR brought to light a sketchy new report from Korean-securities firm KDB Daewoo Securities Research. And from what things look like out here, Samsung’s biggest and toughest competitor may be building two versions of their upcoming iPhone for release.
The first one is set to be a smaller 4.7 inch to a 4.8 inch screened device sporting a Full HD pixel arrangement, while the second — a much larger leap — will sport a 5.5 inch phablet sized display with a Quad HD 1280 x 2272 pixels, if the reports turn out to be true.
Taking into account Apple’s newly introduced 64-bit architecture, both devices will step up to a new 64 bit A8 processor and a generous 2 GB of memory. There is also a news that Apple will also consider 128 GB versions in their upcoming line-up and a 3.2 MP front-facing camera.
Do you think these new specifications are enough to lure the Android faithful who are looking for a more packaged and complete phone experience? Tell us the comments below.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones