Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
01:43 22nd Jan, 2014
Apple D̶u̶m̶p̶s Relaunches iPhone 4 For Rs 22,900 In India
Sets an example on how to take Indians for granted.
The iPhone 5C was supposed to be Apple's budget phone. However, for Rs 42,000, it didn't get many buyers in India. Apple is undoubtedly the most profitable tech company in the world, but it's losing marketshare in many regions. For instance, Windows Phone devices have already outnumbered iPhones in India. Much of its credit goes to the sub-10k devices including the Lumia 520. In an attempt to tackle this situation, Apple is
dumping rereleasing its three year old iPhone 4 in India. It all sounds good until you're struck with its Rs 22,900 price tag. To put things in perspective, spending a grand more can get you last year's flagship phones such as the Nokia Lumia 920 and LG Nexus 4.
We don't have any problem with the iPhone 4's specifications. It's the phone's post iOS 7 performance that concerns us. My colleague's iPhone has become sluggish after the latest update, and there's no way to rollback the software. So just in case, if you happen to pick up an iPhone 4, make sure not to update your phone beyond iOS 6.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones