21:58 20th Jan, 2012
Apple Launches E-Textbook Apps For iPad
Claims to "reinvent the textbook" with iBooks 2, iBooks Author.
Apple has unveiled two new applications that "reinvent textbooks" for iPad users. iBooks 2 and iBooks Author provide interactive textbooks for students (K-12 and above, equivalent to our 12th standard) as well as teachers.
The app, which is freely available on the App Store, will give users access to the iBookstore. Armed with a new Textbooks section in the store, Apple plans to collaborate with big names such as Pearson, McGraw Hill, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt to provide ebooks at economical rates. How does this help us? Students pursing professional courses can now access the latest internationally-acclaimed textbooks without much effort. Once stored on the iPad, it's also easier to carry these books around.
The company also rolled out iBooks Author on the App Store. Meant for teachers, it includes free tools for creating ebooks. Its layout is similar to that of Apple's iWork software, replete with HTML5 support. Users can add text, images, and interactive modules to their ebooks, which can then be published directly to the iBookstore. Given a choice, will you still prefer using the iPad over good old paper textbooks?
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones