21:58 20th Jan, 2012
Apple Launches E-Textbook Apps For iPad
Claims to "reinvent the textbook" with iBooks 2, iBooks Author.
Apple has unveiled two new applications that "reinvent textbooks" for iPad users. iBooks 2 and iBooks Author provide interactive textbooks for students (K-12 and above, equivalent to our 12th standard) as well as teachers.
The app, which is freely available on the App Store, will give users access to the iBookstore. Armed with a new Textbooks section in the store, Apple plans to collaborate with big names such as Pearson, McGraw Hill, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt to provide ebooks at economical rates. How does this help us? Students pursing professional courses can now access the latest internationally-acclaimed textbooks without much effort. Once stored on the iPad, it's also easier to carry these books around.
The company also rolled out iBooks Author on the App Store. Meant for teachers, it includes free tools for creating ebooks. Its layout is similar to that of Apple's iWork software, replete with HTML5 support. Users can add text, images, and interactive modules to their ebooks, which can then be published directly to the iBookstore. Given a choice, will you still prefer using the iPad over good old paper textbooks?
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-