Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
01:12 13th Jan, 2014
Nokia Black Software Rollout Begins With Lumia 1020 And 925 | TechTree.com
Nokia Black Software Rollout Begins With Lumia 1020 And 925
The Lumia 920, 820, 720, 625, 620, and 520 are also eligible for the update.
The Lumia Black update, which is built on Microsoft's WP8 Update 3 has started rolling out to globally. We have checked it (in India), and confirm the availability of new software for the Lumia 1020 and 925. The rollout will be in phases, and the next wave of devices to receive the update are the Lumia 920 and 820. Others need not worry though, as each and every Windows Phone 8 device including the budget 520 and 620 are eligible for the Black update. The new software brings numerous features and enhancements to the table. Some of its key highlights have been listed below:
It's an option to group similar apps tiles in a homescreen folder. This interface element is missing in the Microsoft's Update 3, which means that App Folder feature has been developed by the Finns.
One of the most requested feature in Windows Phone, the ability to close background apps has been added to the OS. Now you get a 'close' (x) button on the card-based multitasking menu. To make sure you’re closing the right window, the app name and icon are added at the bottom.
The much needed rotation lock has finally been added to the OS. A welcome addition, but makes us wonder why Microsoft took so long to implement such a simple solution.
The Glance has been updated to support notifications from email, Facebook, Twitter etc.
This software allows you to take a snap first, and then set the point of focus, or you can even keep every object in focus (which is ideal for landscape photography). You can share these interactive images via Facebook, Twitter, or simply embed them using HTML code. The Refocus app will come to all Windows Phone 8 Lumia smartphones with 1 GB of RAM.
The Finns have taken the popular app Photobeamer a step further, and turned it into Nokia Beamer. No longer restricted to just photos, you can now beam documents, presentations, anything you like, to any HTML5-enabled screen by simply scanning a QR code on the screen. This software is compatible with WP8 phones with 1 GB RAM.
This app gives total control over parameters such as shutter speed, exposure, white balance, and ISO. It also encompasses the Smartcam and video recording features.
Firt introduced on the Lumia 1520, RAW DNG support has now landed on the Lumia 1020. This will interest many shutterbugs who prefer high-quality unprocessed images.
You can manually check for the update by going to ‘Settings’ - ‘Phone Update’. In case, you're confused, check out the following video that demonstrates this process.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals