Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
15:05 07th Jan, 2014
CES 2014: Sony Unveils Z1S Waterproof Smartphone | TechTree.com
CES 2014: Sony Unveils Z1S Waterproof Smartphone
The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean handsets boasts of a 20.7 megapixel camera.
Sony expanded its high-end waterproof series with the announcement of Xperia Z1S. The smartphone comes with a 5-inch screen and sports a 20 megapixel camera. The Z1s has a physical button that can click underwater shots unlike the Xperia Z where it couldn't take photos or videos when it was wet. It can stay as deep as 4.5 feet underwater and for 30 minutes without any problem. Surprisingly, the phone lacks a front-facing snapper. So video calls and selfies are out of question. The new phone is packed with a variety of camera-related such as Info-Eye, Social Live, and AR Effect.
Using this feature, you can scan QR and UPC codes. Moreover, it can also detect books, and provide more information about it.
This preloaded app lets you live-stream the videos to Facebook as you record them. Your friends can watch these videos and comment on it in real-time.
This augmented reality software that lets you place fairies and even dinosaurs on your office desk.
With a companion app for Sony's PlayStation gaming console, users will be able to buy new games for automatic download. In the US, the phone will cost $528 (Rs 33,000) through T-Mobile, and can be paid through 24 monthly installments of $22. Online orders will begin on January 13 and availability in stores will start on January 22, 2014.
- Display:5-inch screen with 1080x1920 pixels.
- Snapdragon 800 chipset.
- 2.2 GHz quad-core processor, 2 GB RAM.
- 20.7 megapixel camera, lacks a front-facing snapper.
- Wi-Fi, A-GPS, Bluetooth.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Android, Sony, Xperia, CES
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals