16:37 24th Dec, 2013
HP To Come Out With Large Screen Android Phablets
We are still in the game
Everybody seems to want a bite of the phablet pie. HP after its failed attempt with “iPaq” devices and phones made by Palm, are dabbling in Android smartphones/tablets.
As per the report on Information.com, the CEO, Meg Whitman, is desperate to take a final stab at the already overly-crowded Android market to turn the company around. So this means new areas of revenue growth among the declining sales in desktop and laptop devices.
Thankfully, HP is dumping its unsuccessful WebOS for the Android camp. Though I wonder why HP isn’t trying their hand at the excellent Windows Phone OS.
The new phones are expected to have six to seven inch sizes with 1 GB RAM. They are expected to have expandable storage with dual-core and quad-core processors as HP is aiming at emerging markets (read India) under Rs 25,000. HP themselves aren’t confirming this yet, but are expected to announce it by the end of this year.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-