16:37 24th Dec, 2013
HP To Come Out With Large Screen Android Phablets | TechTree.com
HP To Come Out With Large Screen Android Phablets
We are still in the game
Everybody seems to want a bite of the phablet pie. HP after its failed attempt with “iPaq” devices and phones made by Palm, are dabbling in Android smartphones/tablets.
As per the report on Information.com, the CEO, Meg Whitman, is desperate to take a final stab at the already overly-crowded Android market to turn the company around. So this means new areas of revenue growth among the declining sales in desktop and laptop devices.
Thankfully, HP is dumping its unsuccessful WebOS for the Android camp. Though I wonder why HP isn’t trying their hand at the excellent Windows Phone OS.
The new phones are expected to have six to seven inch sizes with 1 GB RAM. They are expected to have expandable storage with dual-core and quad-core processors as HP is aiming at emerging markets (read India) under Rs 25,000. HP themselves aren’t confirming this yet, but are expected to announce it by the end of this year.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals