09:38 24th Dec, 2013
E-Pramaan May Make SMSes A Valid Documentary Proof | TechTree.com
E-Pramaan May Make SMSes A Valid Documentary Proof
The project also aims at making mobile-based digital signatures a reality.
The department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), a part of the ministry of Communication and Information Technology, is all set to flag off a new online authentication project. Meant for the Union government, it will let you use SMS as a valid proof for different kinds of registrations and payments, based on levels of authentication. The project, dubbed as a part of the government's E-Pramaan project has been "in the core development stage for the past six months" and the Times Of India reports that it will become reality by June 2014. This could be a big step towards e-authentication services in the country.
Similar to PNR codes on SMS being administered as valid, more services will soon follow suite to enable such convenience to its users. The prototype is said to be functional now, and will support mobile-based digital signatures and an "Aadhaar-based credential verification" system as well. However, the legal acceptance of SMSes is still hazy; a bit of modification to the existing Information Technology Act can solve the issue. We still have until June to find out how this entire system will be rolled out.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals