Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
15:47 20th Dec, 2013
500,000 Pieces Of Lego Turned Into A Car
The full-scale car features an air-powered engine.
As kids most of us have spent hours with Lego bricks. If you ever thought that a foot-long tower or perhaps a bus was a complex creation, you need to check out this full-scale car made out of 500,000 Lego blocks. Dubbed Super Awesome Micro Project, this car is actually drivable. Its engine comprises of 256 pistons strapped on Lego blocks, and is fuelled by compressed air.
This car is a brainchild of an Australian marketing guy Steve Sammartino and a teenage geek Raul from Romania. These Internet friends presented their idea on Twitter. Surprisingly, forty Australians agreed to fund this crazy project. Once the cash-flow began, the car started to take shape. This structure is sturdy enough to withstand the speed of 20-30 km/hr. According to the official blog, the Lego car was built in Romania and shipped to Australia for the demonstration. You can check it out in action in this video.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones