Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
08:31 20th Dec, 2013
LG Announces World’s First Curved 105" Ultra HD TV
Will show off the mammoth TV at CES 2014.
LG Electronics has announced that it will be unveiling the World's first Curved Ultra HD 105UB9 TV with an aspect ratio of 21:9 at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas next month. It will also be the company's first curved ultra HD model. The 105-inch (measured diagonally) 105UB9 is officially the largest curved TV. Its cinematically proportioned 21:9 CinemaScope screen is ideal for enjoying movies.
Another advantage of the extra-wide screen is that it enables users to access viewing information on the side of the screen. It boasts of an 11 million pixel (5120 x 2160) screen resolution. Until now, OLED panels were preferred for curved displays due to their ability to generate their own light. LG Display overcame the challenge by refining its Thin Film Transistor (TFT) pixel circuit technology to prevent colour leakage. Visitors at CES 2014, which starts on 7th January, will have an opportunity to see this massive TV.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones