09:12 13th Dec, 2013
Opera Brings Video-On-Demand To Sony Bravia TVs With Two New Apps
The apps include Sony LIV for TV programming and BIGFlix for movies on demand.
Sony and Opera Software have joined forces to launch two new apps specifically catering to Indian entertainment segment. The apps are available in the Opera TV Store exclusively for Sony BRAVIA internet-enabled TVs. These include Sony LIV, Multi-Screen Media's (Sony Entertainment Network) Video-on-Demand service, and Reliance ADAG's BIGFlix.
The Sony LIV app is a virtual repository with "18 years of rich and exclusive content" from Sony Entertainment Television, across genres such as drama, comedy, thriller, reality shows and more. The app opens access to Sony's current and classic shows, along with content customisation if you opt to create an optional profile. The app incorporates multi-bitrate video streaming to adjust video quality as per the bandwidth of your internet connection.
The apps are listed in a minimalist tile interface
Movie buffs have the option of paying a subscription for the BIGFlix app. The app gives access to HD movies from a catalogue spanning over 1500 films from across genres such as action, comedy, drama, and romance. The movies span 10 languages including Hindi, English, Telugu, Tamil, Bengali, and Punjabi. Those not sure about paying for the service can try out the three-month unlimited subscription.
The Opera TV Store is Opera Software's HTML5 application platform for internet devices. This implementation has been optimised for the large screen experience of Sony BRAVIA internet TV. Apart from that, Video apps are available across categories of music, social networking, games and news. The service has been available on all internet-enabled Sony TVs since the last year. Older internet-enabled Sony BRAVIA TV models will also get the functionality through a firmware update.
The BIGFlix app
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones