15:13 11th Dec, 2013
ICICI's Pockets App Lets You Share Money With Friends Via Facebook | TechTree.com
ICICI's Pockets App Lets You Share Money With Friends Via Facebook
The bank promises safe, and easy transactions through your social network.
If you are a Facebook addict, and are perennially broke (or the banker kinds, as the case may be) and wouldn’t mind mixing the two together, then ICICI's new FB app can be quite useful. Dubbed as Pockets by ICICI, this Facebook app lets you link your debit card to your FB profile to let you borrow/lend money with your friends, recharge your prepaid mobile connection, and buy movie tickets among other banking transactions. So this effectively makes is good even for those who don’t have an active Internet banking account.
The most interesting feature is the Split And Share. It lets you create events, add friends, split funds, and keep track of who owes how much. Better than playing Munimji, or keeping tedious accounts in that little diary of yours.
As far as privacy is concerned ICICI promises there is nothing to fear. The security section on the apps listing page says that data as saved on ICICI servers, and not shared with FB. Also, every transaction you initiate will generate an OTP (One Time Password) that comes to your registered mobile number for added verification. Check out the listing page for more details.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India