Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
17:29 05th Dec, 2013
LAVA Showcases Entry Level Iris 503 & Iris 402 Smartphones
The Iris 503 is said to be designed by the in-house R&D team at Lava.
LAVA International showcased two of its smartphones, the sub 10K Iris 503, and the 3G 402. The Iris 503 packs in a 5" qHD IPS display with pixel dimensions of 540x960. Running Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), it is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 512 MB of RAM. The smartphone packs a 5 MP auto focus rear camera with a BSI sensor and a 1.2 MP front camera for video calling. It has 4 GB internal storage, with a memory card slot that supports up to 32 GB and a 2000 mAh battery.
The Iris 503 is said to be designed by the in-house R&D team at Lava. From the images, the design doesn't seem anything extraordinary. However, we will hold our horses till we have the product in hand.
At the India Telecom 2013, Lava also exhibited its entry-level 3G Android smartphone, the 3G 402. It is also powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and the Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system which is seeding as an OTA upgrade. Along with a 4" capacitive WVGA touch screen, the 3G 402 sports a 3 MP rear camera and a VGA front camera. The 3G 402 comes with 512 MB ROM + 256 MB RAM, and a microSD card slot with support for up to 32 GB. Yet another phone with just 256 MB RAM; Android Jelly Bean is known to struggle on phones with twice the amount of RAM too. Don't be surprised if a lot of lag is bundled free with this device.
The Iris 503 is available for Rs 10,000; while the 3G 402 is priced at Rs 5500.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020