17:07 04th Dec, 2013
Amazon Plans To Rope In India Post For COD In India
Yes, it already has cash on delivery, but not for all products.
Now there are schemes that are being planned to save India Post, India's postal system from extinction. And this may be its best chance ever, as e-commerce site Amazon has rolled out a pilot project with the country's premier postal service to test a cash-on-delivery model, reports the Economic Times. Amazon is clearly trying to penetrate into tier two and tier three cities with a model it already tried in the US (yes, it uses US postal services to deliver on Sundays) — of the 150,000 post offices in India, 89% are located in rural areas. Amazon already offers COD on some of its products — those tagged with "Fulfilled by Amazon" and "Eligible for Cash on Delivery" listing on the product details page.
But with names such as Flipkart already burning its fingers with the COD model in states such as UP, fraud, non-acceptance, and false order issues soar with this model. In fact, brands such as Fetise.com even started a Cash Before Delivery (CBD) model to discourage such practises. How a tie up with India Post will help curb these issues, only time will tell.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow