Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
07:45 05th Dec, 2013
Mercury Announces New Version Of mTAB Star Tablet
Packs in a dual-core processor with a MTK8377 MediaTek chipset.
Kobian has announced the new version of its mTAB Star, with the latest MTK8377 chipset from MediaTek. It is powered by a dual-core 1 GHz Cortex A9 processor and PowerVR Series5 SGX GPU. It offers MediaTek's proven 3G/HSPA/Edge modem, but runs the dated Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS. With the integration of MT8377 chipset, mTAB Star boasts of a performance boost by up to 40%, as compared to the earlier single-core platform. It comes with 1 GB DDR3 RAM and 8 GB of internal storage. Pricing of the mTAB Star along with its availability details will be made public by the third week of December. The slate will come with a 1-year warranty.
Features of the MT8377:
- Support for high-resolution camera and 1080p video playback.
- High-resolution HD displays (1280x720 pixels).
- 4-in-1 connectivity combo that converges Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and FM.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow