17:50 28th Nov, 2013
BlackBerry Tries To Regain Lost Love With BBM Channels | TechTree.com
BlackBerry Tries To Regain Lost Love With BBM Channels
Also ties up with Android OEMs in India for selling phones preloaded with BBM.
After the initial debacle surrounding the BBM cross platform launch, BlackBerry did quite a good job of making the right noises to make it popular in certain regions of the world. And now, the service has unveiled its Twitter-like BBM Channel. The social networking platform will let users create a BBM profile for others to follow, and communicate. The good part is that the BBM Channels have been made available not only for BlackBerry 10 and devices running BlackBerry OS, but also for Android and iOS based BMM users.
Read all about it here. Check out the video below to understand how this new feature works:
In related news, BlackBerry has also tied up with local handset manufactures such as Micromax, Spice, Celkon, and Zen to sell smartphones preloaded with the BBM app. For now, starting with the Micromax Canvas Turbo, the entire Canvas range will come preloaded with the social networking app.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance