Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
13:07 28th Nov, 2013
Ex-Nokia Employees Launch Jolla Smartphone In Finland
Will land in more than 130 countries in the near future.
The long-awaited Jolla smartphone has finally hit the stores in Finland. The handset is pegged at EUR 400 (Rs 33,500), off contract. Jolla had been garnering a lot of attention for being a brainchild of ex-Nokia employees, who had worked on the Meego project (the software that powers the Nokia N9). The Jolla phone runs the gesture-heavy SailFish OS, which is a modified version of the Meego platform. According to the manufacturer, the OS is compatible with "thousands" of Android apps.
The phone is all about a fresh approach towards design and user-experience rather than throwing specs jargon. The Jolla sports a 4.5-inch IPS screen with pixel dimensions of 960x540. It's powered by a 1.4 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. Other features include an 8 megapixel camera, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, microSD card slot, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, Wi-Fi, 4G, and 2100 mAh battery. The Helsinki-based company has also licenced HERE maps and services from Nokia.
The Jolla handset comes in nine hues. You can change the look of your phone by simply picking-up exchangable smart-covers. The phone is currently only available in Finland, but the company has plans to release it in more than 130 countries in the near future.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020