Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
19:44 25th Nov, 2013
Will LINE Be More Popular Than WhatsApp? | TechTree.com
Will LINE Be More Popular Than WhatsApp?
Japanese brand claims to have crossed the 300 million users mark worldwide.
Line Corporation has announced today that the number of users of its mobile social networking app has crossed the 300 million mark, worldwide. LINE has gained universal acceptance since its launch in June 2011 as a communication app with voice and video calls alongside its popular “sticker messaging” features.
The growth spurt has been seen in Hispanic regions such as Spain and Mexico. Only four months after making it to the 200 million users milestone, it is poised to reach the 500 million users mark by 2014. Currently, the company is looking to make its mark in countries such as India, Turkey, and West European countries including France, Germany, and Italy through localised promotional activities, and strengthening partnerships with local mobile network operators and device manufacturers.
In India, along with localised content, the company offers stickers featuring local celebrities. As a result, the user base has swollen to 10 million in just three months of its official launch in the country.
Here's a statistical tidbit. The first 100 million came in 19 months, the next 100 million in the next 6 months, the most recent 100 million users in a span of 4 months. We will soon find out if it can overtake WhatsApp which claims to have over 350 million active users every month.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals