17:16 21st Nov, 2013
WhatsApp Lands On The Nokia Asha Platform | TechTree.com
WhatsApp Lands On The Nokia Asha Platform
The popular chat app is now available for Nokia's Asha 501 and above.
The popular mobile chatting app WhatsApp has finally made its way to the Asha platform now. The app is available free of cost for Asha 501 users via an OTA software update. Nokia, on its official blog has further stated that the app will come preloaded on its Asha 500, Asha 502, and Asha 503 Dual SIM handsets, when it starts retailing by the end of the year. Once loaded, the software is said to “automatically find and add contacts who are already using the messaging service”. The app will offer support for emoticons, photographs, videos, and audio files. Ok, you already know everything about WhatsApp.
Notifications will be shown via Fastlane, which Nokia describes as “the second home screen that acts as a shortcut to favourite apps and content, and features on all Asha Platform devices”. For a secondary phone, Nokia’s Asha line up does seem to dangle some really juicy carrots.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals