Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
00:39 14th Jan, 2012
Fans Hurl Eggs At Apple Store In China! | TechTree.com
Fans Hurl Eggs At Apple Store In China!
Crowd turned unruly as iPhone 4S launch gets cancelled over security concerns.
Hype has been one of the reasons behind Apple's tremendous success. However, it can backfire at times, and at the iPhone 4S Chinese launch, it actually did.
In a typical "fanapple" fashion, Chinese guys spent an entire night outside the Apple Store, battling Beijing's below-freezing temperature of - 9 degree C. If that wasn't unfortunate enough, the Apple staff decided not to open the store seeing larger than expected crowd. Little wonder then, these frustrated would-be customers started throwing eggs at the glistening glass-panels of the store. Finally, police had to disperse the crowd and cordon off the area. Reportedly, a few people were injured in the chaos.
In response, Apple has temporarily suspended the sales of iPhone 4S through its retail stores in mainland China. Nevertheless, the gadget will be available via Apple's online store and local carriers.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance