Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
00:51 28th Nov, 2013
Jolla Phone Will Hit Markets On 27th November | TechTree.com
Jolla Phone Will Hit Markets On 27th November
The handset has been made by ex-Nokia employees working on the Meego project.
Jolla, the Helsinki-based start-up set up by ex-Nokia employees, has finally given a launch date for its first handset. Announced in May, the company unveiled its first smartphone — simply called Jolla. According to the manufacturer's twitter handle, the phone will be sold on 27th of this month. in Helsinki in collaboration with the Finnish operator DNA. The phone will be sold on first-come-first-serve basis. So, those who have opted for pre-order will have to wait till December. In case, you didn't know, the Jolla phone features a 4.5-inch IPS screen with pixel dimensions of 960x540. It's powered by a 1.4 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon based processor. Other features include an 8 megapixel camera, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, microSD card slot, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, Wi-Fi, 4G, and 2100 mAh battery. The handset will feature Nokia's HERE mapping service.
The phone runs on the gesture-heavy SailFish OS, which is a re-incarnation of the ill-fated Meego (found on Nokia N9). According to the manufacturer, the OS will be compatible with Android apps. The Jolla phone is pegged at EUR 400 (Rs 33,500) off contract.
- Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset clocked at 1.4 GHz.
- 1 GB RAM.
- 16 GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot.
- 4.5" IPS display with 960x540 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass.
- 8 megapixel snapper, 2 megapixel front-facing camera.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, 4G, NFC.
- RGB indicator for notifications.
- 2100 mAh battery with 7.7 hours of 2G talk-time.
- 131 (l) x 68 (w) x 10 (d) mm, Weighs in at 141 grams.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals