00:42 17th Sep, 2012
CES 2012: Razer Unveils Gaming Tablet Concept
Packs in Ivy Bridge-based Core i7 CPU and dual controllers.
It's a serving tray... it's a laptop... it's a handheld console... no, it's Razer's gaming tablet concept! Dubbed Project Fiona, it fuses Intel's Ivy Bridge based Core i7 CPU and goodies such as SSD drives with Windows 8 to let it run contemporary PC games. The concept features the usual tablet bells and whistles, such as front and rear-facing cameras, accelerometer, gyro, and a 1280x800, 10.1" multi-touch screen.
However, what sets it apart from ordinary tablets is a pair of Razer Hydra-like controllers permanently bolted to its chassis. Each controller is replete with a thumbstick, index trigger, and face buttons. This gives it full functionality comparable to any console gamepad. Razer has plans to price the production version under $1000. Although there's no word on the GPU installed in the concept, the performance seems to be pretty healthy. Check out this video to see how it devours Warhammer 40000: Space Marine with consummate ease:
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users