Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
07:42 13th Nov, 2013
MapmyIndia Launches Version 8.1 Maps Of India
Comes with voice guidance is in 9 regional Indian languages alongside English.
MapmyIndia announced the launch of the country's localised maps, version 8.1 maps of India. These feature voice guidance in 9 regional Indian languages other than English. Version 8.1 offers expanded coverage of over 2 million kilometres of road network with advanced information such as multiple names, road classification one-ways, turn restrictions, divider, service lanes, round-abouts, flyovers, tolls, slip roads, ramps, and much more. The company has also recently launched a suit of mobile apps that empowers user with tools such as navigation, tracking, and social media interface. Top-selling car models have introduced MapmyIndia navigation as part of their offering.
Even leading mobile phone manufacturers including Blackberry, Nokia, and Samsung are offering MapmyIndia maps pre-loaded on their handsets for free to the users on their app store. The version 8.1 MapmyIndia maps continue to provide best-in-class full 3D coverage of India, with digital elevation models and terrain across India.
Customers can buy MapmyIndia’s GPS navigation systems, download applications, and update the maps to version 8.1 in their existing navigation systems via MapmyIndia’s online store.
- Voice guidance in 9 regional Indian languages.
- Maps for 10 cities in Hindi (which displays the map in Hindi language).
- House/Building level navigation for 52 cities.
- 3-D landmarks and 2-D building foot prints across 66 cities.
- Live traffic view.
- Junction views for easy navigation at complex junctions.
- Geopix images.
- Text- to-speech.
- Visual & Audible lane guidance.
- Audible sign post.
- Speed limit warning.
- Ferry Guidance available.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-