19:09 29th Oct, 2013
ASUS Launches Fonepad 7; Tablet With Telephony | TechTree.com
ASUS Launches Fonepad 7; Tablet With Telephony
Sports a Dual-Core Atom Processor and Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean).
Ever look at your phone and are gripped by crushing disappointment after realising that it's smaller than your head? No? Well, me neither. But those who are in the market for a phone large enough to hide most of their faces are in for a treat. Presenting the ASUS Fonepad 7, which is an updated version of the popular Fonepad. As the name suggests, it's a 7-inch Android 4.2-powered behemoth.
It's so large that I can't decide whether it's a tablet masquerading as a phone, or the other way round. ASUS describes it as a “device with full voice telephony for people who want smartphone features with a tablet-size screen”. Alrighty then, but I'm still confused.
It's the one with the hot ones
To prevent compound fractures of the foot, the ASUS Fonepad 7 features a non-slip finish and HSPA+ 3G radio that's good enough to sustain transfer rates of 42 Mbit/s. Not that our local service providers will offer such speeds any time soon. The device is powered by an Atom Z2560 processor based on Intel's Clover Trail architecture. It is complemented by 1 GB RAM. The 7-inch IPS display bears pixel dimensions of 1280x800, which is same as the Nexus 7, and quite sufficient for a 7" screen. It is complemented by dual-front speakers with ASUS's SonicMaster audio enhancement.
The photography needs are handled by a 5MP camera located at the rear, and a 1.2MP front snapper for selfies. The storage figures are impressive at 16 GB built-in and an additional 64 GB using a MicroSD card. The Asus Fonepad 7 will retail for Rs 17,500 in India.
If you're intrigued further by this tablet, here are some of its key specifications:
Processor: Intel Clover Trail Plus Z2560 dual-core (1.6GHz)
Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Display: 7-inch 1280 x 800 with capacitive multi-touch LED-backlit IPS
Memory and storage: 1 GB RAM LPDDR2 with 16 GB onboard storage, microSDHC card slot (upto 64GB)
Camera: 5MP rear with 1080p Full HD video recording, 1.2MP front
GPU: SGX544MP2 Graphics 400 MHz
Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
Connectivity: 3G & GPS Embedded/ Voice – Call; Micro-USB port, 3.5mm headphone/mic jack, Micro-SIM card slot
Battery: 15Wh, 3.8V, 3950mAh, non-removable polymer battery (10 hrs tablet usage/ 28 hrs talk time)
Size: 120 x 196.8 x 10.5mm
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals