11:32 21st Oct, 2013
Say Goodbye To Tears, Stutters, Lag With NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
G-SYNC synchronizes the monitor to the GPU instead of the other way round
Forget V-SYNC and in fact even NSYNC (if you haven’t grown out of boy bands yet), NVIDIA’s innovative approach eliminates the usual gaming buggers -- screen tearing, VSync input lag, and stutter. This is achieved by synchronising the monitor to the output of the GPU instead of the GPU to the monitor (why didn’t someone think of that before) resulting in a tear-free, faster, smoother experience.
"Since their earliest days, displays have had fixed refresh rates – typically 60 times a second (hertz). But, due to the dynamic nature of video games, GPUs render frames at varying rates. As the GPU seeks to synchronize with the monitor, persistent tearing occurs. Turning on V-SYNC (or Vertical-SYNC) eliminates tearing but causes increased latency and stutter as the GPU and monitor refresh at different rates. G-SYNC eliminates this tradeoff. It perfectly syncs the monitor to the GPU, regardless of frame rate, leading to uncompromised PC gaming experiences", as NVIDIA puts it.
How Do You Get G-SYNC?
G-SYNC technology is going to be integrated in monitors coming next year, however you don’t necessarily need to buy a monitor equipped with G-SYNC off the shelf. Many manufacturers will for a small fee allow G-SYNC module to be integrated in your monitor. If you are the DIY type of person, you can mod your monitor itself (full online instructions are provided). This not only turns out cheaper but also doesn’t take away 1 year warranty on the G-SYNC module either. However, voiding your warranty on the monitor is another thing altogether. Read more about it here. Read FAQ for quick answers.
See G-SYNC video with an explanation by Tom Perterson of NVIDIA.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance