11:32 21st Oct, 2013
Say Goodbye To Tears, Stutters, Lag With NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology | TechTree.com
Say Goodbye To Tears, Stutters, Lag With NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
G-SYNC synchronizes the monitor to the GPU instead of the other way round
Forget V-SYNC and in fact even NSYNC (if you haven’t grown out of boy bands yet), NVIDIA’s innovative approach eliminates the usual gaming buggers -- screen tearing, VSync input lag, and stutter. This is achieved by synchronising the monitor to the output of the GPU instead of the GPU to the monitor (why didn’t someone think of that before) resulting in a tear-free, faster, smoother experience.
"Since their earliest days, displays have had fixed refresh rates – typically 60 times a second (hertz). But, due to the dynamic nature of video games, GPUs render frames at varying rates. As the GPU seeks to synchronize with the monitor, persistent tearing occurs. Turning on V-SYNC (or Vertical-SYNC) eliminates tearing but causes increased latency and stutter as the GPU and monitor refresh at different rates. G-SYNC eliminates this tradeoff. It perfectly syncs the monitor to the GPU, regardless of frame rate, leading to uncompromised PC gaming experiences", as NVIDIA puts it.
How Do You Get G-SYNC?
G-SYNC technology is going to be integrated in monitors coming next year, however you don’t necessarily need to buy a monitor equipped with G-SYNC off the shelf. Many manufacturers will for a small fee allow G-SYNC module to be integrated in your monitor. If you are the DIY type of person, you can mod your monitor itself (full online instructions are provided). This not only turns out cheaper but also doesn’t take away 1 year warranty on the G-SYNC module either. However, voiding your warranty on the monitor is another thing altogether. Read more about it here. Read FAQ for quick answers.
See G-SYNC video with an explanation by Tom Perterson of NVIDIA.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals