10:54 15th Oct, 2013
HTC One Max Looks To Go One Up On Apple iPhone 5S
Comes with Fingerprint Scanner, 5.9" display, and will be available globally by the end of October.
HTC has announced its largest screen smartphone, the HTC One Max, which is basically a supersized HTC One with some beefed-up specs. The device sports a 5.9" display with Full-HD resolution and retains the One's aluminium body and look. Taking a cue from Apple iPhone 5S, one of the major changes in the smartphone includes a rear fingerprint scanner.
The fingerprint scanner lets you lock or unlock the screen with added functionality of launching up to three applications by the swipe of individual fingers for each. Under the hood the device packs in a 1.7 GHz quad-core CPU based on the Snapdragon 600 SOC with 2 GB RAM. The HTC One Max will be available in two variants of 16 GB and 32 GB of internal memory with an option for microSD card expanding the storage further by up to 64 GB. Powering up the device is a 3300 mAh battery, which is non-removable, with an optional HTC Power Flip Case adding 1150 mAh for some extra juice.
On the software side, the HTC One Max comes with Android 4.3 and HTC Sense 5.5, along with HTC BlinkFeed. One Max features the same UltraPixel camera on the rear as on the HTC One and a 2.1 MP front camera. Available colour for the device is only Glacial Silver, and according to the Taiwanese handset maker, the HTC One Max will be available globally by October end .
Here are the technical specifications for the device followed by a video of its first look:
- Display: 5.9" Full-HD 1080p
- CPU: QualcommSnapdragon 600, 1.7GHz quad-core CPU
- Platform: Android 4.3 with HTC Sense 5.5, HTC BlinkFeed
- Memory: 16/32 GB internal storage, microSD card support up to 64 GB
- Size: 6.74"(h) x 3.24"(w) x 0.4"(d)
- Camera: HTC UltraPixel Camera, BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 µm, Sensor size 1/3', Dedicated HTC ImageChip 2, f/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens, Smart Flash with five levels of flash automatically, 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR video and 2.1 MP front camera with Full-HD recording
- Battery: 3300 mAh with talk time up to 25 Hours for WCDMA and 28 hours for CDMA
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, 3.5 mm audio jack, Wi-Fi, USB 2.0 with MHL for USB or HDMI
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499