10:41 12th Oct, 2013
Rumour: Samsung GALAXY S5 Coming Early 2014 | TechTree.com
Rumour: Samsung GALAXY S5 Coming Early 2014
Expected to be on shelves by February next year.
Samsung has sold around 20 million GALAXY S4 handsets worldwide, which is way below its expectations. But now reports suggests that the South Korean giant is all set to launch its next flagship, the Samsung GALAXY S5, sooner than expected. South Korean website Joseilbo reports that Samsung is planning to launch the GALAXY S5 by January 2014 and the device is expected to be on sale the following month.
The reason for the early launch for the flagship may be to a drop in sales of the recently-launched iPhone 5S. Samsung is abandoning the usual March/April launch dates of its devices, and if the reports are to be believed, we might see the next flagship at CES 2014, which usually happens in January.
Early rumours suggests that Samsung might ditch the plastic design for its smartphones, and go for a full metal body. Some of the speculated hardware specs include Samsung's 64-bit octa-core Exynos 5430 processor and 16 MP camera with Optical Image Stabilisation. While this is just a rumour, we see every possibility of the report to be true, given the sluggish sales of the GALAXY S4.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals