16:48 09th Oct, 2013
Split — A PMP That Works As You Grit Your Teeth
No need to detangle cables to listen to your favourite music.
If you struggle with IEMs that tangle all the time, this might excite you a bit. A new wireless PMP named Split made up of two untethered earphones by a company named Greenwing Audio has just been listed on Kickstarter.com. The magnetic ear pods have to be separated to power up the device. It has no external ports, no connecting wires, or too many button controls. You control it by slightly gritting your teeth — one grit to switch songs, two to toggle volume (high, medium, or low).
The right pod sports a lock mechanism so that you don’t activate controls accidently; all you need to do is tap it gently. It can stock up to 24 songs with 4 hours of battery life at once and you can add songs or charge the device via a PC using a special USB cable. Check out the Kickstarter page for more details. As the projects battle's hard to get the required funding to go into mass production, watch the video below to see what it can do for you:
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones