13:02 05th Oct, 2013
The Real Voice of Siri
You won't believe who it is.
Just as Madonna famously sung “Who's that girl?”, many geeks equally wondered who the voice of iPhone Siri is? CNN has uncovered the real "person" behind Siri.
“I'm the original voice of Siri”, says Susan Bennett, a professional voiceover artist who lives in suburban Atlanta. “Who's Siri?” you ask, don't be silly, everyone knows she's Apple's voice-activated virtual "assistant" introduced back on 4th October, 2011, with the introduction iPhone 4S (yes “S” is for Siri not for “Steve”).
Apple is Mum
Apple will neither confirm it and nor does Nuance (makers of Dragon, the naturally speaking software company) that provided Apple Siri tech, but apparently Ed Primeau, who is an audio forensic expert confirms that it indeed is Bennett, "I believe, and I've lived this for 30 years, no two voices are the same...They are identical -- a 100% match."
Looking at her as 40-year-old woman and not just a machine voice, it does makes us feel guilty (and downright embarrassed) for all the profanities, and dirty talk we've had with Siri. Eeks!!
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones