12:19 20th Sep, 2013
Google May Help You Live Longer
A new company called Calico gets the search giant's backing to help people live longer.
Now the internet is said to have infinite memory — what goes up there, stays there no matter what (unless servers crash). But Google (which many consider to be synonymous with the web itself) has decided to take its commitment to immortality a step further. Instead of merely searching for the nearest hospital online, the company wants to help increase people's physical life expectancy too.
Dubbed as "moon shots", this offline venture will give rise to a new company called Calico, with Google choosing to stay mum on how much money will be pumped into this project. Calico, as reported by Time Magazine, will focus "on health and ageing in particular". This isn’t the first time Google is trying its hand in health care. A report in the Indian Express adds how Larry Page culled a failed venture called Google Health, a digital medical record storage system in April 2011.
This time around though they want to cure cancer. Let's hope it’s a better deal than Google Glass!
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance