Rajesh 'Rajni' D'souza
15:58 19th Sep, 2013
Lava Adds The Iris 506q To Its Lineup
Paltry 512 MB RAM could affect its Android 4.2 Jelly Bean experience; priced at Rs 11,000.
LAVA International Limited has announced another budget smartphone in its Iris series, the Iris 506q. It is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system, but its paltry 512 MB RAM can play spoilt-sport. The handset is 3G enabled, alongside Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi connectivity, and A-GPS.
It sports a 5 MP rear camera with auto-focus and in-built flash and a 0.3 MP front camera for video calling. The 506q packs in a 5" QHD IPS screen with OGS display technology. The smartphone comes with a microSD card slot that supports up to 32 GB and a 2000 mAh battery. The Iris 506q is FOTA upgradable, which means any new OS/UI updates can be downloaded 'over the air', without connecting to a PC or any other device. The Iris 506q is priced at Rs 11,000.
- 5" QHD Screen with OGS technology.
- 8.9 mm thick.
- 4 GB Internal storage; microSD card support.
- 512 MB RAM.
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean .
- 5 MP Autofocus rear camera with flash; 0.3 MP front camera.
- GSM 900/1800; UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ 2100.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020