23:43 15th Sep, 2012
Aakash, UbiSlate 7+ Sold Out
Bookings closed for now.
After an overwhelming response, the Aakash tablet has been officially sold out. Its website mentions that booking for the tablet has been closed, while its successor, the upgraded UbiSlate7+, has been sold out till February. You can pre-book the latter only from March.
Manufacturer Datawind is already in the process of establishing new manufacturing units to cope up with the increasing demand. The new units are expected to be functional by April this year. According to the company CEO Sunil Tuli, a supply of 70,000 to 75,000 units per day will be possible after April.
The Aakash costs just Rs 2500, making it the cheapest Android tablet PC in the world, while the UbiSlate 7+, scheduled to launch in mid-January, costs Rs 3000. The low cost is the primary driving factor for the extreme demand for these devices in a price-sensitive market like India.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones