Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21:37 05th Jan, 2012
Acer ICONIA Tab A200 Becomes Official
Skips main camera to keep costs down.
Acer has added the ICONIA Tab A200 to its portfolio of Android tablets. The new entrant will run Honeycomb 3.2 out of the box, and will receive the Android 4.0 update sometime in February.
According to Acer, the gadget is powered by NVIDIA's Tegra 2 chip, which houses a 1 GHz dual-core CPU coupled with a ULP GeForce GPU. Its 10.1" screen has pixel dimensions of 1280x800. Other specs of the device include a 2 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB port, 1 GB of RAM, up to 16 GB of onboard storage, and a microSD card slot. Yes, the manufacturer has axed the main camera to keep the device's cost down.
Although the A200's specs may not sound very impressive, its full-sized USB port can make things interesting. The port will probably support the USB OTG feature, which allows users to connect keyboards, pen drives, and even portable hard drives to the device.
The A200 will hit the US market on the 15th of this month, and will cost around $330 (approx Rs 15,500) for the 8 GB version. As of this writing, there's no word on its availability in India.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-