18:13 11th Sep, 2013
Nikon Unveils Its Pro-Zoomer; The COOLPIX S6600
10 megapixel camera with 12x optical zoom has been priced at Rs 14,450.
Looks like tilt-able screens are in vogue for point and shoots these days. Nikon is out with another pro-zoomer in its COOLPIX lineup with a 360degree tilt-able screen (which it calls a vari-angle monitor). The COOLPIX S6600 packs in a 1/2.3" CMOS+BSI sensor, so you can expect decent lowlight shots.
The 16 megapixel camera with the EXPEED C2 image-processing engine, promises 12x optical zoom and NIKKOR lens that comes with a lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) and supports macro shots from a focal distance of just 2 cms. The camera will support Wi-Fi transfers to smartphones and tablets, and you can share selfies on FB and G+ with little trouble.
Now the product page suggest five colour variants, but the press release stays mum on which three will make it to the Indian shores. So while the PR hints at a red and a silver option, I'd like to see the purple version here. But expect the boring black to make it here in all possibility. The camera will start retailing by end of September in three colour variants, at an MRP of Rs 14,450.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance