12:39 12th Sep, 2013
Olympus Launches A Giant Among Midgets | TechTree.com
Olympus Launches A Giant Among Midgets
New Olympus D E-M1 launches globally.
So what's unique in this one?
For the first time, Olympus has included a Dual FAST AF system. That means your regular (APS-C) DSLR phase detection, coupled with a Mirrorless series Contrast detection in it. So this means that once the camera detects that Phase detection is not capable to keep up with the subject at hand, automatically contrast detection would kick in. Read about it in detail here.
The Electronic View Finder (EVF) can now rival a Full frame DSLR field of view with Adaptive Brightness Technology that can adapt the EVF appropriately to lighting conditions. Read more about it here.
The camera body is made from Magnesium and is Dustproof/splashproof/freezeproof (down to -10°C ). However, Olympus warns that splashproof is not equal to waterproof — the camera can withstand a few punches here and there but don't expect it to last, if you take it underwater or in the sand. Read more about it here.
How this is going to fare in India, in spite of Olympus having a difficult time to move mirrorless cameras, we don't know. Only time will tell.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals