12:39 12th Sep, 2013
Olympus Launches A Giant Among Midgets
New Olympus D E-M1 launches globally.
So what's unique in this one?
For the first time, Olympus has included a Dual FAST AF system. That means your regular (APS-C) DSLR phase detection, coupled with a Mirrorless series Contrast detection in it. So this means that once the camera detects that Phase detection is not capable to keep up with the subject at hand, automatically contrast detection would kick in. Read about it in detail here.
The Electronic View Finder (EVF) can now rival a Full frame DSLR field of view with Adaptive Brightness Technology that can adapt the EVF appropriately to lighting conditions. Read more about it here.
The camera body is made from Magnesium and is Dustproof/splashproof/freezeproof (down to -10°C ). However, Olympus warns that splashproof is not equal to waterproof — the camera can withstand a few punches here and there but don't expect it to last, if you take it underwater or in the sand. Read more about it here.
How this is going to fare in India, in spite of Olympus having a difficult time to move mirrorless cameras, we don't know. Only time will tell.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance