16:46 05th Jan, 2012
Google Acquires 217 Patents From IBM
Patents include a variety of services dealing with smartphones and social networks.
After acquiring Motorola Mobility and its entire patent base, Google added another 217 patents from IBM to its kitty. The fresh patents will help Google with several data services including email management, online calendars, and data sharing between devices. The latest move puts Google in a commanding position as it can now leverage the freshly acquired patents to develop new products and keep lawyers occupied with the inevitable surge of lawsuits.
Last year Google acquired 2000 patents from IBM, while the Motorola deal has given the search giant another 17,000 patents. Moreover, Google can now strengthen products such as Google+ that seem to be high on promise but low on results.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-