16:46 05th Jan, 2012
Google Acquires 217 Patents From IBM
Patents include a variety of services dealing with smartphones and social networks.
After acquiring Motorola Mobility and its entire patent base, Google added another 217 patents from IBM to its kitty. The fresh patents will help Google with several data services including email management, online calendars, and data sharing between devices. The latest move puts Google in a commanding position as it can now leverage the freshly acquired patents to develop new products and keep lawyers occupied with the inevitable surge of lawsuits.
Last year Google acquired 2000 patents from IBM, while the Motorola deal has given the search giant another 17,000 patents. Moreover, Google can now strengthen products such as Google+ that seem to be high on promise but low on results.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance