13:45 23rd Aug, 2013
New Keyboard Accessory Will Shock You Enough To Leave Facebook
Shock therapy to get rid of Facebook addiction.
Move over drugs and cocaine, Facebook is the new addiction in town (we're sure you'd agree). A team of MIT candidates, Robert R Morris and Dan McDuff have come up with a novel idea of getting rid of this FB addiction. The duo has built a keyboard accessory that will zap the user or rather, deliver non-lethal electric shocks via an Adruino board adjacent to the keyboard, every time he/she opens Facebook. McDuff says that the unpleasant shocks from Pavlov Poke, as they call it, will help avid FB users avoiding the website "or rock silently in the corner, quietly weeping". However, Morris confided that they ended up removing the device quickly after installing it, although he noticed a "significant, though temporary, reduction" in his Facebook usage.
Facebook addiction is indeed a cause of concern for corporates, which leads almost every system admin to block access to the social networking website on office networks. Indeed, I can relate to their concerns as it is not unusual for many around me to casually open FB to check for updates or post something. While our system admin has not blocked FB, I have coaxed him into reading this piece to give him more effective ideas to help rehab FB addicts. However, I highly doubt this "therapy" will work as the addicts would rather train their bodies to endure the shocks than leave FB. What say?
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch