Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:21 03rd Jan, 2012
Samsung Reveals GALAXY Ace Plus
The device is expected to heat up the mid-range segment.
Samsung has announced the GALAXY Ace Plus, which is a successor of the popular GALAXY Ace. The phone's design hasn't changed much, however there are several upgrades under the hood.
The Ace Plus will get a 1 GHz CPU and 512 MB of RAM. In comparison, the plain vanilla Ace had an 800 MHz CPU and 278 MB RAM. Other specs of the new entrant include a 3.6" display, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 5 MP camera, A-GPS (Assisted GPS), 3 GB internal memory, 32 GB microSD card support, and a 1300 mAh battery. According to Samsung, the device will measure 4.5" (l) x 2.5" (w) x 0.4" (d) and tip the scales at 115 grammes.
The handset will come preinstalled with the ChatON messaging service, which is Samsung's version of BBM. The device will include a black-list feature to get rid of unwanted callers. Additionally, for those who want to edit Office documents on the go, ThinkFree will be your friend.
The Ace Plus will first hit the markets in Russia. Later, it will be made available to Europe, Latin America, and Asia. There's no word on its pricing as of now, but it is expected to fall in the mid-range segment.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance