13:02 20th Aug, 2013
Stop Using "insta" And "gram", Says Instagram | TechTree.com
Stop Using "insta" And "gram", Says Instagram
3rd party app developers have been asked not to use likeness to the app name.
Instagram has warned 3rd party app developers using its API to not use any likeness to its name in their apps. The popular image sharing service has sent an email to Luxogram stating that it must stop using "gram" in its app name. Jeff Broderick of Luxogram has posted the email from Instagram on his Twitter account, where the company takes exception to the app name, suggesting that it is "harmful to the Instagram brand". It further asks the developer to develop a distinctive branding and use Instagram's trademarks only as authorised by the company policies.
Instagram mentions two issues that bother it. Firstly, the app name is too similar to its own, so it generally tells not to use "insta" or "gram" in the name of apps that work with Instagram. Secondly, it mentions that the Camera Logo used by Luxogram is either similar or appears like a modified version of its own. While this email has been sent to Luxogram, it has wider ramifications for 3rd party apps that use the Instagram API, and seek to benefit by using names similar to the original app. Instagram is known to be restrictive towards such apps, and you can take at its new guidelines to find out just how much more restrictive it has become.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals