13:58 14th Aug, 2013
Yatra.com Forgets To Renew Its Domain Name
… And rival brands cash in on the online faux pas!
That Yatra.com domain expired on Sunday (11th August), many hapless (read discount seeking) travellers discovered soon enough. For well up to half of Monday, the site redirected users to a parked domain link. Now, the service is up and running. However, the site with boasts of 30% of online travel traffic, second only to MakeMyTrip.com did manage to make good business for its rivals. A report on TOI shows how sites such as Goibibo.com made the most of this faux pas. The site read, "Book your Yatra tickets", an obvious attempt to pull loyal customers.
While a day and a half of downtime doesn't seem a lot, but for a site that draws 6000 transactions a day, it can be damaging. Also, luckily there is a 30 day cooling off period before putting up a domain for sale, otherwise things could’ve been far worse of the web service. That said, with the Independence Day weekend just around the corner, this surely was ill-timed for Yatra.com. Did this affect your long weekend break plans in anyway? Let us know in the comments.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance